Friday, April 11, 2008

Easter In Alice

Easter in Alice, South Africa

Welcome to Alice, a small farming community located in the Eastern Cape of South Africa. Here in Alice,I followed my host from Cape Town as he returned to his roots for a traditional, ancestral celebration. As the cameras rolled, I found myself being pulled into the celebration and subsequently becoming apart of the community.

Tune in for more of Easter in Alice!



Long road to Alice!

While everyone was celebrating the Lord's resurrection, I made a trip to the Eastern Cape of South Africa. All I have to say is "Countraaaaaaaaaaaaay, Country!" Dirt roads and cattle roaming the streets as if it was just a normal day in New York. The road above was just about of a forth of what we traveled to get to the house.

Just behind me is a riverbank. My first day here the black bull over my left shoulder chased me into the riverbank as he tried to pass. Thank God it is summer and dried out!

I love this pic! The hut behind me was the old clinic in the community. Here they tended to sick children.

More pics and vids to come soon!

No comments:

MOTIONPHICS IN ACTION YOUTH MEDIA PROJECT TIP JAR